MITCHELL MUSEUM

After a major expansion that was completed in 2009, the Mitchell Museum building is now a 33,000-square-foot cultural center.

Located in Mitchell Museum:

MITCHELL HOUSE

John and Eleanor Mitchell’s house, built in 1936, was designed by Eleanor father for the couple’s 80-acre Mt. Vernon estate called Cedarhurst. The Mitchell House is used for meetings, special events, and facility rentals. It is not open to the public on a daily basis. 

SHRODE ART CENTER

The Shrode Art Center building at Cedarhurst has two large multi-purpose classrooms, a ceramic studio with adjoining kiln room, a stained glass studio, floor looms for weaving and a darkroom. The classrooms are used for a variety of adult and youth art classes. 

Members of Cedarhurst can use the equipment and art studio spaces at Shrode Art Center free of charge.
The Regenhardt Gallery at Shrode Art Center features four art exhibitions each year that feature the talents of local and regional artists. The quilt exhibition, a photography competition exhibit, and a fine art & craft competition exhibit are annual favorites for artists and visitors.

SCHWEINFURTH HOUSE

The contemporary design of the Schweinfurth House combines the splendor of nature with the beauty of art in a secluded yet easily accessible location. The facility is available to rent for meetings and special events.

GOLDMAN-KUENZ SCULPTURE PARK

The park which opened in 1993 features over 70 sculptures created by a variety of artists, many with international stature. Our 90 acre park is one of the premier destinations for large-scale sculpture in the midwest.

Click to download the PDF:

Campus Map Campus Map (43237 KB)

Save Save